Tidal Echoes wants your poems, stories, essays, plays, and artwork!
The Tidal Echoes submission deadline falls every year on December 1st.
Tidal Echoes will consider submissions from any current full-time resident of Southeast Alaska. A portion of the journal will be set aside for UAS students. Students of all UAS campuses are encouraged to submit.
We consider fiction, non-fiction, transcribed oral stories, memoir, or drama. Multiple pieces may be submitted, but please limit submissions to three pieces. Each piece may be no longer than 10 double-spaced pages. Partial pieces of longer works will also be considered, provided they stand alone as cohesive pieces. We will consider longer works up to 5,000 words, but shorter pieces will have a higher chance of getting in due to space considerations. Your submission should be in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx). We do not accept submissions in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
We accept poetry of all types, but please limit submissions to five poems. Keep in mind that we will preserve the format of your poem in the journal, so it is important to ensure that your piece looks exactly as you would like it to appear on the page when you submit it. Your submission should be in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx). We do not accept submissions in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
Tidal Echoes welcomes artwork submissions of all mediums, including but not limited to sculpture, painting, ceramics, photography and drawing. All artwork must be submitted in a digital format (.tif or .jpg) and at least 1800 pixels wide. Submissions must include the title of each piece, as well as the medium. Resources are available on the UAS Juneau campus for scanning and photographing art. When submitting artwork be sure to name files with the correct title, in addition to putting the title(s) in the space provided on the Submittable form. Please consider that art may be published in black and white, therefore select your piece(s) accordingly. Contact Associate Professor of Art Jeremy Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Limit five pieces.
How to Submit
The Tidal Echoes submission form is available online.
- Select which of the 3 categories you are submitting to and click on the submit button. You may submit work in more than one category.
- If you do not already have a Submittable account, you will be asked to create one. This is as simple as providing your name and email address. This account is free and once you have created one you will never be asked to do so again. After creating this account, you will be taken back to the submission form.
- The form will require you to provide the following information:
- Last name
- First name
- Physical address
- Phone number
- Email address
- A short writer/artist's biography
- Please note: if you are a current UAS Student, we ask that you provide your UAS Student ID number.
- After filling out the contact information, you will upload your creative piece(s). Please note that in the prose and poetry category, your submission should be in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx). We do not accept submissions in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format. Remember to provide a title for your work.
- There will be a Terms of Agreement box at the end of our online submission form that will act as an electronic release form. This part of the form must be filled out for your work to be considered for publication in Tidal Echoes. A Note About Release Forms: Authors and artists submitting to the journal continue to retain rights to their work after publication.
Submissions must be sent through Submittable. Tidal Echoes no longer accepts submissions by mail.
Please send questions to email@example.com or call (907)-796-6113.