UA Spring 2021 Accounting Recruitment Week
Covid-19 Office Operations
Our offices are available for in-person, phone, or video appointments. Email or call for more information. Additional information is also available on the UA coronavirus information website.
UA 2021 Spring Accounting Recruitment Week - Virtual Meet & Greet
How to Register & What to Expect
Meet & Greet: April 21, 3–6 p.m. Interviews: May 3–7
Join UAA, UAF, and UAS Career Services for a collaborative spring semester UA Accounting Recruitment Week Meet and Greet event! This is an opportunity for accounting students and alumni from across the University of Alaska to learn more about local and national accounting firms and their available opportunities. We welcome all UA students and alumni to join us in this free event on Wednesday, April 21, 2021 from 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. (AKDT).
How to Register
- Register in Handshake. Student registration opens March 3 at 12:00 a.m. (AKST)
- The event itself will be on a virtual platform called Remo. Watch this short video on navigating Remo as an attendee or view the video below.
Meet & Greet Preparation
Plan to be online by a few minutes before 3 p.m. (AKDT) - Employers will start their one minute pitches around 3:15 p.m. to share information about their company, what opportunities they have available, and what they are looking for in an applicant. After their pitches you will have the chance to drop into breakout rooms and chat with the employers you are most interested in.
- Research the firms attending the Meet and Greet and prepare questions to ask during the event.
- Review the Accounting Recruitment Week booklet as soon as it becomes available!
- Practice your introduction or 30 second elevator pitch.
- Come professionally dressed.
- Test your technology! Make sure that your computer is ready to use Remo by following this checklist.
Other Important Dates to Remember
- April 21 - Meet and Greet 3 pm - 6 pm
- April 26 - Deadline to apply to positions on Handshake.
- May 3 - May 7 - Online interviews, and the official "Accounting Week!"
What to expect
How to Use Remo as an Attendee
Registration for Employers
Registration closes on March 12. Please contact Jim Smith, UA Employer Development Technician if you have any questions.