Missing Person Policy
It is the policy of the University of Alaska Southeast to investigate any report of a missing student who lives in residential facilities.
If campus officials determine that a student for whom a missing person report has been filed has been missing for more than 24 hours, then within the next 24 hours they must:
- Notify the individual (in case of an emergency, please contact) to be contacted in case of an emergency.
- If the student is under 18 years old, notify a parent or guardian; and
- (in cases where the student is over 18 and has not identified a person to be contacted), notify appropriate law enforcement officials.
You should contact the following if you have reason to believe a student who lives in on-campus student housing has been missing from campus for 24 hours:
- Director of Housing and Residence Life – Nathan Bodenstadt (907) 796-6391 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residence Life On-Call Emergency Line (907) 209-6539
- Juneau Police Department (907) 586-0600