Lance (X̱’unei) A Twitchell, M.F.A., Ph.D.
- Ph.D, Hawaiian and Indigenous Language and Culture Revitalization (2018) — Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language, University of Hawaii Hilo
- MFA, Creative Writing (2010) — University of Alaska Fairbanks
- BA, English & Minor in American Indian Studies (2007) — University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Tlingit Immersion Camps — University of Alaska Southeast & Sealaska Heritage Institute
- Certification, Village Management Institute — Sheldon Jackson College
- Assistant Professor of English, University of Alaska Fairbanks (2010-2011)
- Teacher, UAF Upward Bound (2010)
- Teaching Assistant, University of Alaska Fairbanks (2007-2010)
- Tlingit Language Instructor, Carcross-Tagish First Nation (2006, 2009, 2010)
- Research Assistant, University of Alaska Southeast (2007, 2010)
- Tlingit Language Teacher, Dzánt’iki Héeni Middle School (2007)
- Actor & Tlingit Language Teacher, Perseverance Theatre (2007)
- Tlingit Language Teacher, Skagway Traditional Council (2004-2007)
- Xh’unei (Tlingit)
- Du Aaní Kawdinook (Tlingit)
- Kh’eijáakw (Haida)
- Alaska Native Languages & Studies Column, Juneau Empire
- Alaska Native Languages & Studies Entries, Huffington Post
- Northwest Coast Native design projects
- Alaska Native Modern Art projects
- For the Love of Our Grandchildren: Tlingit Language & Knowledge Bearers, a film
- Never Forgotten: The Story of Tlingit Veteran’s of Combat, a film
- Beneath the Foot of the Sun, a book of poetry
- Raven Speak, a play
- Pebbles from the Beach, a screenplay
- Coyote’s Song, a novel
- Lingít Language Curriculum (2nd edition)
- Tlingit Language Documentation, Transcription, & Translation
Professional Awards & Service
- Top 40 Under 40, The Alaska Journal of Commerce award for up-and-coming leaders who demonstrate professional excellence and a commitment to community.
- Alaska Native Heritage Center Language Advisory Committee Member.
- Moment of Birth, giclée print—entry, 2012 Celebration Juried Art Show.
- Commissioned artist for Central Council of Tlingit & Haida Indians of Alaska (2010-12).
- Commissioned artist for 2010 Environmental Protection Agency Region 10 Tribal Leaders Summit.
- Raven and the Beauty of the Eagle Spirit, giclée print—third place, Celebration Juried Art Show
- 2010 Dennis Demmert Appreciation and Recognition Award from Native Alaskan Business Leaders at the University of Alaska Fairbanks in acknowledgement of support for Alaskan Native and rural Alaskan students.
- 2009 Alaska Native Visionary Award from the Alaska Native Heritage Month Committee in acknowledgement of artistic and cultural contributions to the Native community.
- 2009 Vine Deloria Jr. Memorial Scholarship from the American Indian College Fund.
- Recipient of a 2009 Vine Deloria Jr. Memorial Scholarship from the American Indian College Fund.
- A Voice in the Dusk: Language and the Modern Day Warrior, essay—third place, University of Alaska Harold McCracken Award for Outstanding Fiction and Nonfiction Writing About Alaska and the North Country (Spring, 2009).
- In a Backstroke of Pedals, short story—second place, University of Alaska Farthest North Fiction Contest (Spring, 2009).
- Xíxhch’, giclée print—third place, Fairbanks Arts Association Digital Media Art Contest (January, 2009).
- Du Xoonx’í Yán, Dleit Geedí, giclée print—winner, Alaska Native Heritage Month Art Showcase (November, 2008).
- Kids in Schizophrenia, memoir—winner, University of Alaska Harold McCracken Award for Outstanding Fiction and Nonfiction Writing About Alaska and the North Country (Spring, 2008).
- George McDaniel Writing Fund (2008–2009).
- Logo design & web design for Southeast Alaska Tribal Department of Transportation (2007).
- Anna Augusta Von Helmholtz Phelan Scholarship in Creative Writing (1998).
- University of Minnesota Alumni Association Student Leadership Award (1998).
- University of Minnesota President’s Student Leadership & Service Award (1998).
Lance (X̱’unei) A Twitchell, M.F.A., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Alaska Native Languages
Arts and Sciences — Humanities
- Email address: email@example.com
- Phone number: 907-796-6114
- Fax number: 907-796-6406
- Building location: Whitehead Bldg 229, Juneau Campus
- Internal resource Alaska Native Arts, Languages & Studies Website
- External resource Language and Culture Documentation (YouTube)
- External resource Tlingit Language Blog