Mitzi Bolaños Anderson, J.D., L.L.M.
J.D., Florida International University College of Law, Miami, FL (2008)
L.L.M., Animal Law, Lewis & Clark Law School, Portland Oregon (2013)
Graduate Certificate, Natural Resource Management and Sustainable Ecosystems, Harvard University Extension School (2016)
B.A. International Studies and Spanish with minor in Foreign Languages and Business Law (2005)
Mitzi brings civil rights enforcement experience at the state and local levels in Alaska. She joined the Alaska State Commission for Human Rights as an Attorney and Mediator in 2017, then joined the Anchorage Equal Rights Commission as Staff Attorney and Executive Director in 2019. Mitzi comes to us most recently from the Des Moines Civil and Human Rights Commission, where she provided administrative leadership and oversight in the areas of civil rights investigations and community engagement.
Mitzi’s educational background is in Latin American Studies and International Law, with study abroad experiences in Brazil, Argentina, and Costa Rica. Mitzi also served as an AmeriCorps VISTA with First Alaskans Institute in Anchorage in 2015.
Mitzi is passionate about each individual’s right to live, work, and learn in an environment free from discrimination and harassment, and is committed to education and prevention programs.
- Pregnancy and Parenting under Title IX, Grand River Solutions | November 2023
- Informal Resolution Foundations for Higher Education, ATIXA | October 2023
- Time with IX: Sexual Assault & Victimization of Vulnerable Populations, ATIXA | October 2023
- Title IX Coordinator Tier 2: Sex Discrimination Response - D. Stafford & Associates | October 2023
- Title IX Module - UA Safe FY24 I September 2023