Sara Childress, M.S.W.
Sara brings a wealth of investigative experience coupled with trauma-informed care to this role. Since June 2017, she has worked as a civil rights investigator for the UAA Office of Equity and Compliance. Sara has helped bring UAA into compliance with action items outlined in the UA Voluntary Resolution Agreement with the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights that outlines specific steps the university system will take to improve safety and the campus climate.
Sara's experience includes work as the Anchorage regional manager in Alaska's Office of Children's Services where she was responsible for child protection outcomes for the state's largest region and oversaw a team of more than 175. While there, she constructed child welfare performance improvement plans that required strict adherence to federal guidelines and laws, as well as state statutes.
Sara has a strong track record of strengthening community relationships. Her background includes leading interdisciplinary community teams and co-chairing the Anchorage Tribal State Collaboration Group to address concerns such as disproportionality. She is deeply committed to transparency in the Title IX process and providing genuine respect and due process to those she serves.
The Office of Equity and Compliance staff are available Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm. If you have questions, would like to make a report or need assistance, you may contact any of our staff listed below. If outside of office hours and in need of immediate assistance, please call 911 or contact the University Police Department at 907-786-1120.
- VAWA Adjudicator Training Series I August 2023 I NACCOP
- Title IX and BIT Working Together I December 2022 I Institutional Compliance Solutions
- UA Disability Services Conference I November 2022 I UA DSS
- Proposed Title IX Regulations - Steps to Take Now I July 2022 I ATIXA
- What You Need to Know About the New Title IX Notice of Proposed Rulemaking I June 2022 I ATIXA
- Violence Against Womens Act Webinar I March 2022 I TNG Consulting
- 20 Minutes to trained: First Amendment Primer Module I February 2022 I ATIXA
- Investigative Strategy & Best Practices I November 2021 I Joseph Vincent, M.L.S. & Alisha Carter Harris, M.S.
- Exploring the Effects of the Cardona Decision on Cross-Examination and Live Hearings I September 2021 I TNG Consulting
- Title IX in a Post Regulatory World I October 2020 I Grand River Solutions
- Section 504 Coordinator Training and Certificate | January 2020 | TNG Consulting
- Office of Civil Rights Title IX Regulations Training and Certificate Level 4 | January 2020 | ATIXA
- Title VII Training | December 2019 | TNG Consulting
- Title IX Coordinator Training & Certification | July 2018 |Academic Impressions
- Trauma Informed Sexual Assault Investigation & Victim Interviewing | May 2018 | APSC
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault | May 2018 | DVSA