UAS Outgoing Student Information
Give yourself an advantage by gaining a broader understanding of the world and yourself.
Students must fulfill the following UAS requirements to be considered for a study away option:
- Minimum cumulative university GPA of 2.75 or above for international locations. Please note that some international locations require a 3.0 GPA
- Minimum cumulative university GPA of 2.5 or above for national locations
- Admitted, full-time and degree-seeking
- In good academic, judicial and financial standing
- Established UAS academic history (must have completed at least 16–24 credits, depending on program, at the time of application)
While "study abroad" costs vary and can guarantee placement, "exchanges" are competitive, do not guarantee placement, and are based based on UAS tuition or in-state residency at the national host campus.
Planning is vital to success. Many deadlines are at least six months in advance, and paperwork can be daunting at times. Nevertheless, the benefits to studying away are far greater than you can imagine now.
- Schedule a meeting with the Academic Exchange and Study Abroad Coordinator by calling 907-796-6000 to set up an appointment or stop by the UAS Student Resources Center in the lower floor of the Mourant Building
- Review eligibility requirements
- Research your options
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to determine how a study away option fits into your academic plan
- Meet with Financial Aid to create a budget for your study away experience
- Come to the annual Study Away Fair during the fall semester (usually in late September or early October)
- Learn more about the experience from former study away participants
- Complete the pre-departure orientation with the Academic Exchange and Study Abroad Coordinator
Check all the possibilities, nationally and internationally.
- API: Academic Programs International
- GEO: Global Education Oregon
- IFSA-Butler: Institute for Study Abroad through Butler University
- ISA: International Studies Abroad
- ISEP: International Student Exchange Program
- SAS: Semester at Sea
Options Within the United States
View a list of university options available through the National Student Exchange Program.