University of Alaska Southeast
Note: be sure to include your name & mail stop code11066 Auke Lake Way
Attn: John Doe @ BE1
Juneau, Alaska 99801
Students Living at the Freshman Residence Hall11090 Auke Lake Way
Attn: John Doe, #40
Juneau, AK 99801
Students Living at the Housing Complex4300 University Drive
Attn: John Doe, # 40
Juneau, AK 99801
Juneau Center for Fisheries and Ocean Sciences
The Juneau Center for Fisheries and Ocean Sciences is located at Lena Point and is not on the UAS inter campus mail system. Their mailing address is:School of Fisheries & Ocean Sciences
University of Alaska Fairbanks
17101 Point Lena Loop Road
Juneau, AK 99801
UAS Mail Room Service
What we do
Receive, collect, sort and deliver intercampus and US mail twice daily, receive FedEx, UPS and other parcels for delivery. We also have a stock of various USPS mail supplies on hand or you can order most of them free directly from USPS
Please inform our office (907-796-6496) of new employees and their respective mail stop code. Let us know if you need intercampus envelopes, we usually have a limited supply of recycled envelopes on hand.
The university contracts with the State of Alaska Central Mail Service to post the outgoing US Mail and to transport mail between the UAS mailroom and the Technical Education Center.
The campus does not have an ongoing contract with FedEx or UPS for shipping or daily pickup of outgoing parcels. These carriers only stop at our site if they have a delivery to make or if a department has made arrangements with them for a pickup.
Intercampus Mail Schedule
Auke Lake Campus
The Auke Lake intercampus mail deliveries are at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. and the delivery schedule is as follows:
- Hendrickson Annex
- Hendrickson Building
- Soboleff Annex
- Soboleff Building
- Whitehead Building
- Novatney Building
- Mourant Building
- Bill Egan Building
- Anderson Building
- Freshman Residence Hall (9:30 a.m. only)
- Facilities Planning & Construction
- Student Lodge (9:30 a.m. only)
- Student Recreation Center (9:30 a.m. only)
Technical Education Center
Technical Education Center mail delivery is at 11:20 am.
Here are some steps to take to help make our campus mail more efficient:
- Please notify our office (907-796-6496) of new employees and their mail stop codes.
- Always put department org to be charged by return address.
- Charges for outgoing US mail can only be made to department orgs that are on the current year's purchase order. Please let our office know (907-796-6496) when adding an org to the purchase order.
- Be sure the address is complete and legible-don't forget the zip code.
- If your letter/package is going to another country, be sure the country name is spelled out.
- If you need to have something insured, be sure to note how much you want it insured for.
- Tag international mail with a post-it note overhanging edge of envelope.
- If you have a large quantity of outgoing US mail, it must be bundled separately by zip code and org.
- Please use the current inter-campus mail forms listed on the web site.
Visit the USPS Retail Postage Price Calculator website to learn about the different shipping methods that are available and also to help determine the best shipping method for your particular circumstance.