Campus Master Plan
UAS is working on updating our facility and infrastructure masterplan.
UAS is working on updating our facility and infrastructure masterplan. This process began with hiring consultant, Jensen Yorba Wall who has teamed with DLR Group and Welsh/Whitely Architects to help us review our facilities and infrastructure, collect relevant data and comments from users of UAS facilities, and develop an updated masterplan document.
Project Contact and Feedback
If you would like additional information about the masterplan or the masterplanning process, please contact Sam Kito III at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Alaska Board of Regents Policy 5.12.050 requires each university campus to update its infrastructure masterplan every 5-7 years. Due to budget challenges facing the university in 2019, UAS requested that our masterplan update be delayed. That delayed masterplan process has started up again, and will continue through this academic year, with the goal of presenting the updated masterplan to the University of Alaska Board of Regents during their June 2022 meeting.
The masterplan scope includes a review of all of the facilities and infrastructure associated with the University of Alaska Southeast campuses. Soliciting input from campus users and stakeholders to identify what is working, what is not working, getting ideas for how facilities and infrastructure can be managed into the future, and development of a planning document that will help guide facility and infrastructure management for at least the next ten years.
Previous Master Plan
- September–November – Analysis and Assessment
- Mid-September 2021 – Project Kick-off stakeholder meetings;
- Mid-October 2021 — Touchstone Conference Call #1;
- Mid-November 2021 – Campus Milestone Stakeholder Meeting Series #2;
- November–January – Big Ideas and Concepts.
- Mid-December 2021 – Touchstone Conference Call #2;
- Mid-January 2022 – Campus Milestone Stakeholder Meeting Series #3
- January–March – Preliminary Plan and Implementation.
- Mid-February 2022 – Touchstone Conference Call #3;
- Mid-March 2022 – Campus Milestone Stakeholder Meeting Series #4;
- April-June – Documentation and Presentation
- Early-April 2022 – Draft Campus Masterplan delivered;
- Mid-April 2022 – Campus Milestone Stakeholder Meeting Series #5;
- Mid-June 2022 – Final Report Delivered to UA Board of Regents.