Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is available for everyone with a UA account (students, faculty, and staff). This system enhances the security of UA account using secondary account confirmation powered by Duo, using a tablet, mobile phone, landline, or USB security key. This affects all systems within the UA Single Sign-on: UAOnline, Banner, UA Google, Blackboard, and Zoom. Anyone can elect to turn on MFA in ELMO Security Settings. In the Multi-Factor Authentication section, click the Enable multi-factor authentication button to start connecting your account. If MFA has already been enabled, this will instead provide information and allow generation of temporary security codes.
Some best practices:
- Have MFA set up on a device you'll always have onhand.
- A personal device is not required. MFA can be configured to call an assigned campus phone, or use a dedicated USB security key.
- Always have a backup. If you misplace your phone or USB key, you'll want to have a backup device to expedite removing lost items.
- After changing any devices, update your Duo profile (Directions for Duo Mobile app)
- Add a backup device in case your primary one is unavailable.
For more information about setup and other documentation, see OIT's website: