Submitting Youtube Videos
Sometimes your instructor will require you to provide a video to the class. Often, this is through a system like the Discussion Board.
This page will explain:
- How to upload videos from your computer to Youtube
- How to post that in your Blackboard course
Step 1: Uploading your video
- Login to YouTube
- UA mail is a Google service, so you have an automatic Youtube account under your email@example.com account. Logging in to that account will direct you to a University specific login page.
- Click the Upload arrow in the upper right. Choose Unlisted from the dropdown menu. With this setting, only the people provided a web link to the video will be able to view it.
- If this is your first time, it will ask you to create a Youtube Channel. This will be the location to access all your uploaded videos.
- Select the file to upload, or drag and drop it into the window.
- While the document uploads, you can set information about it:
- Title: Name the video according to your instructor's directions, such as your name and the assignment. This is very important for identifying your video.
- Description: Your instructor may want a specific entry into the description.
- Tags: Not important unless you open Privacy.
- Privacy: Unlisted limits the number of people that can see the video.
Step 2: Posting to your Blackboard Course
- Access your assignment in the Blackboard Course homesite. This can be an Assignment submission, Discussion Board post, or whichever method your instructor prefers.
- In the text Message field, click the "Browse My Youtube Videos" button in the lower left of the editor.
- If you don't see three rows of buttons use the arrows in the text editor to expand the rows.
- Click the Browse button in the upper left.
- If prompted, sign into Youtube/Google.
- Find your video in the Browse Video Library menu, and click Insert.
- Select the option, according to your instructions:
- Play in place will embed the video into the submission, and allow you to choose the size.
- Thumbnail will inset a smaller image, which opens the video in a new window.
- Insert link will provide a link to open the video in a new window.
- Click Insert in the bottom right.
- A placeholder image for the video will appear within the text editor field. You can manipulate that image to control the video's appearance.
- When you finish the post, click Submit.