Dealing with Pop-ups
Enabling Pop-ups in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, and Microsoft Edge
To allow pop-ups for specific websites please follow these steps:
Google Chrome prevents pop-ups from automatically appearing and cluttering your screen. Whenever the browser blocks pop-ups for a site, an icon appears on the top-right in the address bar. Click the icon, check 'Always allow pop-ups from 'website address'. To see blocked pop-ups for a site, follow the steps listed below.
- Type the following in to the address bar in Chrome: chrome://settings/content/popups
- In the Allow section, click the Add button
- Enter the website address, then click Add
- Access the page that generates the pop-up and click the link
- Firefox creates a prompt at the top of the page: "Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window"
- Click the Option button on the right
- Select "Allow pop-ups for online.uas.alaska.edu"
Safari only allows you to have the pop-up blocker turned on or off.
- Open up your Safari Web browser,
- While on https://online.uas.alaska.edu, go to the Safari menu and choose Preferences,
- Then Websites and open Pop-up Windows,
- Under 'Currently Open Websites' open the drop-down menu next to https://online.uas.alaska.edu and select 'Allow'
- Click on the red circle located in the upper left-hand corner to close the window.
- Open Microsoft Edge and click the three dots in the upper right corner,
- Click on "Settings" and then search "Pop-ups and redirects" in the settings menu,
- Click on "Pop-ups and redirects" and then click the "Add" button next to "Allow".
- In the site bar enter "https://online.uas.alaska.edu" and press "Add".
- Repeat the above steps to add "https://classes.alaska.edu" as well.