Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit PDF Editor Pro is UA's recommended alternative to Adobe Acrobat Pro. This software has comparable features to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and is compatible with current Mac and Windows operating systems. Foxit PDF Editor Pro is centrally licensed and available at no cost to university staff, faculty, and students.
For a detailed comparison of Foxit and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, see OIT's page about PDF Editing Software Options.
Please note: these installers must be downloaded while on the campus network.
UA licenses for Foxit Editor Pro are enabled through Single Sign-On (SSO). Once installed, users will need to activate the license manually.
PLEASE NOTE: UA users are configured for three Foxit licenses. If you are unable to activate your licenses on up to three devices, please contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com.
- Open Foxit PDF Editor.
- Click the Activate button in the lower right corner.
- Click the Sign In button.
- Select SSO Login.
- Enter your UA email address and click Login.
- Enter your UA email address at the Office 365 Authentication Screen and click Next.
- Enter you UA password and click Sign In.
- Click the Yes button to stay signed in.
- Choose University of Alaska with your email address.
- You will get a message that Foxit PDF Editor will need to restart to apply the settings. Click Ok and Foxit PDF Editor will then restart.
- Once restarted, you will get a notification that Foxit PDF Editor has successfully registered your formal license key.
Note: if you receive an error about group access or that your access is blocked, please reach out to OIT at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your access granted.