Mobile Classroom Request
Mobile classrooms are a convenient way to provide laptop technology in the classroom. Due to logistics, our mobile classrooms can only be delivered to Egan wing and Library. We currently have 4 mobile classrooms, each consisting of 20 laptops. We highly recommended that you submit your request for resources as early as possible. To schedule a mobile classroom, please send your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a response isn't confirmed after one business day, please contact the Help Desk via phone (796-6400) or email (email@example.com).
To reserve the mobile classroom, please provide the following information:
- Date of use
- Class start and end time
- Room number (delivery to Egan Classroom Wing only)
- Instructor's name and contact info
- Course name/number
Delivery and Access
- The laptops will be delivered to the classroom at the time you request; someone needs to be in the classroom to accept responsibility for the laptops.
- The laptops will be available for students to pull out and place on their desk.
- If class adjourns early, please call the Helpdesk at 796-6400 for pick up. Please do not leave the laptops unsupervised.
- Students should turn off the laptops and place them on the cart.
- Do not save files on the laptops. Students should save files to their UASHome Docs folder, a cloud storage space, or use a USB flash drive. Logging off the laptop deletes all files left on the laptop.
- Generally, it takes less than 5 minutes for a laptop to be moved from the cart, started, logged onto, and have an application running.
- Logging off will take approximately five minutes because students need to save their work and/or email or print work for instructors.
If a problem occurs with a laptop during the class, we need documentation. This includes:
- Identify the machine with a sticky note (provided).
- Identify the program and what the user was doing when the problem occurred.
- Identify battery, if battery life fails.