If you need help right now
- If you need immediate help and can't transport yourself to the emergency room, dial 911.
- Students living in UAS Housing can contact the RA On-Call Phone at 907-209-6539 for assistance.
Drop-in/Crisis Counseling through UAS
Students can access drop-in/crisis services during normal business hours (8 am to 5 pm) at the Counseling Office on the bottom floor of the Mourant Building and during these scheduled times:
- John Pugh Hall Room 110: Tuesdays from 5 to 6 pm (one in-person session available)
- The Housing Lodge: Saturdays from 1 to 4 pm (three in-person sessions available)
Drop-in sessions start at the top of the hour and students should arrive 10 minutes before to fill out brief paperwork. (i.e. arrive at 3:50 pm for a 4 pm session). Students can utilize the drop-in hours for a 50-minute session and are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Students can contact the Student Resource Center (bottom floor of Mourant or call 907-796-6000) on Tuesdays to schedule a time that same day. Drop-in appointments can only be scheduled for the same day.
No Drop-in Counseling will be available the following dates: Tuesday, February 14, Saturday, February 18, Tuesday, March 14th,or Saturday, March 18.
If students who live outside of Juneau and in the State of Alaska would like to talk with a counselor, please call the Student Resource Center (907-796-6000) for options for drop-in/crisis services.
Phone and Text Resources
Unless otherwise specified, these services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Mental Health Crisis or Suicide Prevention
Here is an explanation of an emergency room visit for a mental health crisis.
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline: 988 or 1-800-273-8255
- Alaska Careline: 1-877-266-4357
- JAMHI Health and Wellness: 1-855-463-3303. Juneau based service. You do not need to be a JAMHI client to call.
- SEARHC 24-Hour Help Line: 1-877-294-0074. Juneau based service. You do not need to be a SEARHC client to call.
- Crisis Text Line: text “Home” to 741741
- The Trevor Project (for LGBTQI+ people under the age of 25 as well as their friends and allies): 1-866-488-7386, text START to 678678, or use TrevorChat online.
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)
Concerns about domestic violence, sexual assault or abuse
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- AWARE Crisis Line and Shelter (located in Juneau) 907-586-1090 or 1-800-478-1090
- WISH (located in Ketchikan): 907-225-9474 or 1-800-478-9474
- Sitkans Against Family Violence Crisis Line (located in Sitka) 907-747-6511 or 1-800-478-6511
General on-campus assistance
- For students in UAS Housing, the emergency RA on-call number is 907-209-6539
- UAS Dean of Students Care Team
If you are worried about someone else
The Counseling Office is available for consultation with students, faculty, and staff who are concerned about a student. You may contact the Counseling Office through the Student Resource Center by phone (907) 796-6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your concerns and get support with how best to respond. This may include providing you ways to refer the student for professional care.
A report can also be made to the Care Team, which is a team of student services professionals focused on supporting student success and campus safety.