If you need help right now
Phone 911 for help.
Covid-19 Office Operations
Our offices are available for in-person, phone, or video appointments. Email or call for more information. Additional information is also available on the UA coronavirus information website.
Other urgent or emergency situation
Unless otherwise specified, these services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Suicide Prevention Lifelines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Alaska Careline: 1-877-266-4357
- JAMHI Health and Wellness (JAMHI) on-call counselor: 907-463-3303
- Crisis Text Line: text “Home” to 741741
- The Trevor Project (for LGBTQI+ people under the age of 25 as well as their friends and allies): 1-866-488-7386, text START to 678678, or use TrevorChat online.
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)
After Hours Tele-counseling & Crisis Intervention
- JAMHI Health and Wellness 24-Hour Crisis Line: 907-463-3303, Toll Free: 855-463-3303
You do not need to be a JAMHI client to call
- SEARHC 24-Hour Help Line: 1-877-294-0074
Concerns about domestic violence, sexual assault or abuse
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- AWARE Crisis Line and Shelter (located in Juneau): 907-586-1090 or 800-478-1090
- WISH (located in Ketchikan): 907-225-9474 or 800-478-9474
- Sitkans Against Family Violence Crisis Line: 907-747-6511 or 800-478-6511
General on-campus assistance
- For students in UAS Housing, the emergency RA on-call number is 907-209-6539
- UAS Dean of Students Care Team
If you are worried about someone else
The Counseling Office clinicians are available for consultation with students, faculty, and staff who are concerned about a student. You may contact them through the Student Resource Center by phone (907) 796-6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your concerns and get support with how best to respond. This may include providing you ways to refer the student for professional care.
A report can also be made to the Care Team, which is a team of student services professionals focused on supporting student success and campus safety.