If you need help right now
Phone 911 for help.
Covid-19 Office Operations
Our offices are available for in-person, phone, or video appointments. Email or call for more information. Additional information is also available on the UA coronavirus information website.
Other urgent or emergency situation
Unless otherwise specified, these services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Suicide Prevention Lifelines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Alaska Careline: 1-877-266-4357
- JAMHI Health and Wellness (JAMHI) on-call counselor: 907-463-3303
- Crisis Text Line: text “Home” to 741741
After Hours Tele-counseling & Crisis Intervention
- JAMHI Health and Wellness: 24-Hour Crisis Line: 907-463-3303, Toll Free: 855-463-3303
You do not need to be a JAMHI client to call.
- SEARHC 24-Hour Help Line: 1-877-294-0074
- Southeast Crisis Helpline (24-Hour Trauma Support): 907-747-6500 — operated by "Sitkans Against Family Violence"
If you have been sexually assaulted
- AWARE Shelter (Sexual Assault/Rape/Incest): 907-586-1090
Concerns about domestic violence or abuse
General on-campus assistance
- UAS Dean of Students Care Team
If you are worried about someone else
The Counseling Office clinicians are available for consultation with students, faculty, and staff who are concerned about a student. You may contact them through the Student Resource Center by phone (907) 796-6000 or email email@example.com to discuss your concerns and get support with how best to respond. This may include providing you ways to refer the student for professional care.
A report can also be made to the Care Team, which is a team of student services professionals focused on supporting student success and campus safety.