Dining options on campus: Lakeside Grill & Market, Spike's Cafe, and UAS Catering.
While taking in wonderful views of Auke Lake, feast on a full assortment of home-made foods to include soups, custom sandwiches, salads, and items off the grill or hotline. The Lakeside Grill & Market is located on the second floor of the Mourant Building. Contact UAS Food Service for menu questions or to make inquires about catering.
Dining Services Mission
UAS Dining Services provides an inviting and engaging culinary experience offering fresh, nutritious, high quality food, while striving for excellence in customer service, sustainability, and fiscal responsibility.
- Maintain the highest standards in food safety
- Develop a diverse menu with healthy, high quality food options
- Provide nutritional information that encourages healthy nutritional choices
- Purchase, prepare, and dispose of food and waste with sustainability and fiscal responsibility in mind
- Be an active parter with other Campus Life departments in promoting a residential campus experience that fosters interaction between students, faculty, and staff
- Actively listen to diners' input to improve the dining experience for the community
This favorite campus hangout of students, staff, and faculty offers a wide array of mixed and blended caffeinated and non-caffeinated beverages, snacks, baked goods, and bottled drinks. Tables overlooking Auke Lake and the campus forest make Spike's a great place to study or socialize. Spike's Cafe is located on the second floor of the Egan Classroom Building just outside the lobby of the library.
Due to COVID-19 Catering services are temporarily unavailable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
We are proud to present an outstanding roster of catering items, including buffet, trays, and plated dinners for a formal or casual dining experience. These creative options make your events unique and festive. Each menu can be customized to fit your needs. Our catering staff is committed to providing superior cuisine and outstanding service.
Please contact us to begin arranging your catered event.
Please note the following deadlines and fees may apply to your catering orders:
- The minimum amount for catering requests is $300.00. Requests totalling less than this may be denied due to time and staffing logistics.
- Disposable service is included in the sample menu pricing. Upgrade to china and linen service is an additional $2.00 per guest.
- The deadline for catering requests is two weeks in advance. Requests received less than two weeks in advance will incur an additional fee of 5% of the total charges, up to a maximum of $50.00.
- Payment is due within 2 weeks of the date of service or date of final invoice, whichever comes later. Invoices not paid within this period will incur an additional fee of 5% of the total charges per week until paid in full.
- Catering outside our normal hours incurs additonal costs for staffing. To recoup these costs, an additional fee of $50.00 per hour will be incurred for events occuring after hours. After hours are defined as follows:
- Monday - Friday: before 7:00 a.m. and After 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: before 9:00 a.m. and after 8:00 p.m.