Temporary Closure and Operating Hours
The Lakeside Grill and Spike's Cafe are closed this week January 2 – 6, 2023 for deep cleaning. Here are the hours for the Lakeside Grill until classes begin on January 17, 2023:
- Tuesday, January 3 to Sunday, January 8: Closed
- Monday, January 9 to Wednesday, January 11: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM daily. Grill, Soup, Salads, Sandwiches, No Hotline.
- Thursday, January 12: 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM. Grill, Soup, Salads, Sandwiches, No Hotline.
- Friday, January 13: 8:00 AM - 7:30 PM. Grill, Soup, Salads, Sandwiches, No Hotline.
- Saturday, January 14 - Monday, January 16th: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM: Soups, Salads, Sandwiches, No Grill or Hotline.
- Tuesday, January 17th: Normal semester hours and services begin.
Spike's Cafe will begin operation on Tuesday, January 17th.
Welcome to UAS Dining Services! We offer a wide variety of services and food options to meet your needs. Visit the Lakeside Grill and Market for a full-service eatery experience, to pick up grab-and-go food items, or to pick up essentials for your own food preparation. Before or between classes stop by Spike's cafe to grab a coffee or tea. And if you're putting on a special event, reach out to us for your catering needs!
While taking in wonderful views of Auke Lake, feast on a full assortment of home-made foods to include soups, custom sandwiches, salads, and items off the grill or hotline. The Lakeside Grill & Market is located on the second floor of the Mourant Building.
Fall 2022 Hours
Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M. – 7:30 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday 11:00 A.M – 6:00 P.M.
Lakeside Grill (Inside the Market)
11:00 A.M. – 7:30 P.M.
Let us make a burger for you from scratch! All burgers include Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, and Pickle. Let us know if you'd like anything left off!
Select a Patty
Choose Your Side
|Sweet Potato Fries||$2.50|
|Mac'n Cheese Bites||$2.50|
Our made-to-order bowls are healthy, tasty, and perfect for a busy day.
Choose a Base
|Grains & Veggies||$8.00|
Choose Your Sauce
- Sweet & Sour
These made-to-order sandwiches, quesadillas, and plates come with your choice of fries or side salad. Substitute onion rings, mozzarella sticks, sweet potato fries, or Mac N' Cheese bites for $2.50.
|Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich||$16.00|
|Grilled Cheese Sandwich||$9.00|
Chicken wings come with your choice of sauce: plain, bbq, or buffalo sauce
|Mac'n Cheese Bites||$6.50|
|Sweet Potato Fries||$6.75|
The Lakeside Grill operates two hotline options during the week: a breakfast hotline and a lunch/dinner hotline.
This rotating hotline includes a variety of options and combinations that can be served up to you in seconds. We also offer a wide variety of grab-and-go breakfast items (see the grab-and-go section). Examples of rotating breakfast hotline options include:
|Build your own breakfast sandwich or burrito||$7.00|
|Biscuit and Gravy (1)||$5.00|
|Biscuits and Gravy (2)||$8.00|
|Side Sausage, Eggs, Bacon, Veggie Sausage, or Hashbrowns||$3.00|
|Waffle with Fruit||$7.00|
This rotating hotline provides a full meal for your lunch and dinner needs. We work to ensure there are consistently meat, vegetarian, and vegan options. At UAS our hotlines are themed:
|Monday: Comfort Food||$15.00|
|Tuesday: Taco Tuesday||$15.00|
|Friday: Fancy Friday (Prime Rib)||$25.00|
|Friday: Fancy Friday (Fish)||$14.50|
|Hotline Entree only (does not include Fancy Friday)||$8.00|
|Hotline Extra Side||$4.50|
Themed hotlines will give you an idea of what's coming, but we also ensure our recipes and food offerings change from week to week. Stop by and check what's on offer today.
UAS offers a weekend hotline during our weekend reduced hours. Offerings will vary; sometimes we will offer a breakfast hotline for brunch and breakfast all day, and sometimes a lunch/dinner hotline.
Work with our staff to create the perfect Sandwich, Wrap, or Salad, or let us pour you a quick cup of our soup of the day.
|Salad: Add Chicken||$2.00|
|Soup Cup (16oz)||$6.00|
Sandwich Bread Options
(Options may vary based on availability. The list below is representative.)
- White Bread
- Potato Bread
- Wheat Bread
- Spinach Wrap
- Gluten-Free Bun
Salad and Sandwich Bar Options
- Ham (Sliced)
- Turkey (Sliced)
- Roast Beef (Sliced)
- Chicken Breast, Chopped
- Falafel (Vegan)
- Bell Pepper
- Artichoke Hearts
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
- Italian Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
The Lakeside Grill and Market offers a wide variety of grab-and-go options that can serve as a snack/meal on the go or ingredients for your next culinary adventure. Offerings rotate. Some standing grab-and-go options include:
- Chips, Nuts, Jerkey products
- Grab and Go Frozen breakfast burritos and sandwiches
- Candy bars
- Muffins, Danishes, and Scones
- Cake Slices
- Boxed Mac and Cheese
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Dairy and non-dairy milks
This favorite campus hangout of students, staff, and faculty offers a wide array of mixed and blended caffeinated and non-caffeinated beverages, snacks, baked goods, and bottled drinks. Tables overlooking Auke Lake and the campus forest make Spike's a great place to study or socialize. Spike's Cafe is located on the second floor of the Egan Classroom Building just outside the lobby of the library.
Fall 2022 Hours
Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
All Housing Residents, excluding those residing in Family Housing, are required to purchase a meal plan.
For students who are under the age of 21 and have completed fewer than 24 credits, the minimum meal plan is the 11 meal plan. For students at least 21 years of age or who have completed 24 credits, the minimum meal plan is the 4 meal plan.
- Can be used at two campus dining locations including the Lakeside Grill and Market, and Spike's Cafe.
- Can be used at Vending Machines on campus in John Pugh Hall, the Student Housing Lodge, and Egan Classroom wing.
- Are declining balance - that is, a $750 dollar meal plan means that you can spend $750 at any campus dining location. UAS does not utilize all-you-can-eat meal swipes.
- Expire at the end of each semester. Any unused funds at the end of the semester will be removed from your meal plan and are non-refundable.
- Are financial aid eligible. As long as you have enough aid, your meal plan can be paid for with financial aid awards.
Weekly Breakdown of Meal Plan Spending
The table below will help you determine if you are on track, behind, or ahead on the spending of your meal plan. The "beginning balance" will reset at the beginning of each semester. At the end of each week (Friday), check your balance against this table. Week 1 is the Friday of the first week of class.
The name of each meal plan can also guide your spending: that is how many meals your meal plan is designed to purchase each week, utilizing a calculation of an average $11 meal.
|4 Meal Plan||8 Meal Plan||11 Meal Plan||15 Meal Plan|
Due to COVID-19 Catering services are temporarily unavailable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
We are proud to present an outstanding roster of catering items, including buffet, trays, and plated dinners for a formal or casual dining experience. These creative options make your events unique and festive. Each menu can be customized to fit your needs. Our catering staff is committed to providing superior cuisine and outstanding service.
Please contact us to begin arranging your catered event.
Please note the following deadlines and fees may apply to your catering orders:
- The minimum amount for catering requests is $300.00. Requests totalling less than this may be denied due to time and staffing logistics.
- Disposable service is included in the sample menu pricing. Upgrade to china and linen service is an additional $2.00 per guest.
- The deadline for catering requests is two weeks in advance. Requests received less than two weeks in advance will incur an additional fee of 5% of the total charges, up to a maximum of $50.00.
- Payment is due within 2 weeks of the date of service or date of final invoice, whichever comes later. Invoices not paid within this period will incur an additional fee of 5% of the total charges per week until paid in full.
- Catering outside our normal hours incurs additonal costs for staffing. To recoup these costs, an additional fee of $50.00 per hour will be incurred for events occuring after hours. After hours are defined as follows:
- Monday–Friday: before 7 a.m. and after 8 p.m.
- Saturday–Sunday: before 9 a.m. and after 8 p.m.