|Roommate Selection Process
|Summer 2023 Roommate Selection
|April 3 to April 12, 2023
|Fall 2023 Gender Inclusive Roommate Selection*
|June 5 to June 16, 2023
|Fall 2023 Roommate Selection
|June 19 to June 30, 2023
*Students who opt into Gender Inclusive Housing will be able to utilize this roommate selection process. If a student does not select a roommate in the GIH process, they will be added to the standard roommate process after.
How to Fill out a Roommate Profile:
- Click the button above to log onto Student Housing Self Service.
- Click the three bars on the top of the screen, then select "Personal Information", then select "Roommate Profile."
- Use this page to fill out information for your roommate profile. This page also allows you to opt out of Roommate Search functionality.
- Display my information and my profile - Public. This option will allow other students the ability to search you and the questions you answered on your Housing Application. It will also show any and all information you submit on this page.
- Display only my information (not my profile). This option will allow other students the ability to search you and the questions you answered on your Housing application, but will not show any profile information you enter on this page.
- Do NOT display me - Private. This option will remove you from roommate searches entirely. Note that you will be placed by Residence Life and will be unable to request a roommate.
How to Request a Roommate
- Click the button above to log into Student Housing Self-Service.
- Click the three bars on the top of the screen, then select "Roommate Selection"
- Select "Select Roommate." Then change the drop-down menu to the appropriate semester you are searching for a roommate:, i.e. Fall 2023.
- Fill out the blank profile with your preferences or type in the first and last name of the individual you would like to live with. If there are people who match that search, their names and profiles will show up. To request them, select the "Request" button. You can request up to three roommates.
How to Accept or Decline a Request
On the Roommate Selection page, select "Requests." Here, you can view the people who have requested you to be their roommates. You can view their profile by clicking on the options below a name and either accept or decline their request by using the same options function.
Note: You may still be placed with someone you declined a roommate request for due to our small population size. If there is an individual you do not want to be placed with, please email us at email@example.com.
All roommate requests and groups must be fully matched. This means that if you wish to live with three other people, you must have requested all three individuals; they must have accepted those requests, and they must have requested and accepted all other individuals in your group. The roommate selection process will inform you if your group is not fully matched.