Student and Program Learning Outcomes
Covid-19 Office Operations
Our offices are available for in-person, phone, or video appointments. Email or call for more information. Additional information is also available on the UA coronavirus information website.
Student learning outcomes are an important foundation for assuring academic quality. They are also essential to our UAS accreditation. Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) standards state that Information on expected student learning outcomes for all courses is provided to enrolled students. UAS meets this requirement by having faculty include their student learning outcomes in course syllabi that are posted to the Blackboard course site.
Student learning outcomes make clear what a student is expected to have mastered upon completion of a course or degree and help faculty colleagues teaching more advanced courses know what students have learned in foundation courses. Moreover, having published outcomes helps ensure that different sections of the same course—no matter where offered or how—have the same intended outcomes. Identifying student learning outcomes falls within the purview of faculty.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Memo from the Provost
- PowerPoint Presentation on Student Learning Outcomes from Fall 2014 Convocation
- Curriculum Guide: Appendix C - Writing Effective Student Learning Outcomes
- Northern Arizona University - Degree Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Canada College - Guide to Measurable Student Learning Outcomes
- AY 14-15 UAS Subject Designators (.doc)