Faculty Development Funds
Information and Instructions
Evelyn Rhodes Wilson Endowment Funds: As of 9/11/2023, funding for the current fiscal year is depleted.
The purpose of the Wilson Endowment Fund is to support "faculty travel to meetings of international, national, and major regional professional academic associations for the purpose of participation in a conference program as a panel chair or paper presenter... or for those in the arts for the purpose of having their creations or techniques critiqued and reviewed by peers." For complete information regarding the Wilson Endowment Fund, please seeAppendix A of the faculty handbook. The limit for Wilson Fund applications for a faculty member in a fiscal year is $1500, subject to change by Faculty Senate. Applications are reviewed by the Provost on a first come, first served basis. The Provost issues decisions within ten working days.
Article 5 and Article 15.9 of the UNAC Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) provide travel funds to support faculty professional development. The application process changed in Academic Year 2023. Please carefully read the Request for Proposals (RFP) document to ensure you submit a complete application and are prepared to meet all requirements.
Information and Instructions
Applications are to be completed online using the template located on the adjacent Application tab. To complete the application, it is necessary to include the following materials:
|Requirement||Wilson Endowment Fund Applicant||UNAC Articles 5 and 15.9 Faculty Professional Development Applicant|
|Permission from Dean or Director to travel or participate||Yes|
Please read the RFP document carefully to ensure you submit a complete proposal and are prepared to meet all requirements.
|Invitation or confirmation letter||Yes|
|Title of and/or Paper to be presented||Yes|
|Breakdown of requested funding||Yes|
|Other related materials||Yes|
WILSON FUND: Click submit for your Wilson Fund application to be emailed to the Provost. The Provost will act upon the Wilson fund request via e-mail to the faculty member. If approved, the response will include confirmation of the dollar amount approved. At this point, the faculty member can proceed to coordinate travel/participation plans with their designated department administrative staff.
CBA Travel Funds: Please carefully read the RFP to ensure you submit a complete application and are able to meet all requirements.
Within 15 calendar days of completion of travel or participation, faculty must submit:
- Travel/participation paperwork and supporting documentation to their administrative support staff. Complete expense documentation is required for Wilson Funds.
- Either: Wilson Fund Activity Report to the Provost's Office (email@example.com) including the following:
- Description and evaluation of the activity and the faculty's participation (e.g., benefit gained; critical assessment of activity; insights gained; etc.)
- Evidence that the activity took place (e.g., a letter of thanks; the final program; etc.)
Administrative Support Information
Please note: Reimbursements cannot exceed pre-approved amount.
Administrative staff will:
- Coordinate and acquire all Wilson Fund and UNAC Article 15.9 travel using departmental funds
- At the conclusion of travel and after expense reports have been completed, departmental administrative support staff will submit to the Provost's Office:
- A journal voucher (JV) seeking reimbursement from the provost's office to the department (Please see this sample JV).
- Supporting documentation including the following:
- E-mail approval from the Provost
- Final Conference agenda
- Other materials (brochures, etc.)
- Banner expense screenshot (FGITRND)
- Detailed expense documentation (Wilson Fund only)