Listen to our interview on KCAW
UAS Sitka Campus Academic Advisor Katie Sill was recently interviewed by KCAW radio. Listen to the interview (posted 1/13/2022) to learn more about the Sitka Start program.
Sitka Start is a program offered to new and/or transferring students for the fall semester at UAS Sitka. This small cohort will benefit from personalized support, a built-in social community, career networking opportunities, and academic guidance.
Who can apply to Sitka Start?
- Individuals living in Sitka who are considered freshman-year status (less than 30 credits) and enrolled in a UAS Sitka program, whether in-person or online.
The personalized and social support of Sitka Start is especially suited for students who:
- Are the first in their family to attend a college or university
- Are restarting after a career change
- Plan to transfer to a different school but want to stay local for their first year
- Want extra support while navigating academic challenges
What are the benefits?
- Personalized support from the Sitka Start team
- Tuition waiver for the 1 credit hour College Success course
- Tuition waiver for an additional 3 credit hours
- A $250 stipend towards course materials
- Networking and mentorship opportunities
What are the requirements?
- Admittance into a Sitka degree program
- Register for a minimum of 4 credit hours at UAS for the semester
- Completed no more than 30 credit hours prior to program participation (Freshman student status)
- Enrollment in the College Success course
- Attend Sitka Start orientation at the beginning of semester
- Participation in at least one Sitka Start activity
Want to sign up or receive more information?
Academic AdvisorView profile and contact info