News for Staff
Do you have questions you would like Staff Council to pose to leaders? Submit them via our suggestion box.
Convocation Staff Track Notes
As part of Fall Convocation, Staff Council partnered with Human Resources to offer a training session for staff titled "Did you attend the morning session, "Importance of Connection in a Virtual World", with trainer Samantha Dye. Notes from that session are now available online.
In addition, notes from some of our unconference sessions are also available:
- Participant-driven professional development
- Language, Learning & Representation
- Social Media
- Work Smarter, Not Harder
A big thank you to all who participated and helped lead the sessions!
Staff Excellence Awards
- Purpose: To recognize outstanding staff excellence in service to the UAS Community, and toward accomplishing and enhancing the UAS mission.
- Eligibility: All UAS benefit eligible, non-executive staff, including Local 6070.
- Click here for the SEA Nomination Form.
Check out our previous Staff Excellence Award winners!
Staff Makes Students Count
- Purpose: The award recognizes staff who have provided outstanding service to UA students.
- Eligibility: All regular full-time permanent and part-time permanent exempt and non-exempt staff employed by the University of Alaska are eligible.
- Click here for the SMSC Nomination & Information Packet.
Congratulations to our new Staff Council representatives!
- Eric Lingle, President 20–22
- Mae Delcastillo, Vice President 20–21
- Colin Osterhout, Secretary, 20–22
- Gwenna Richardson, Member-at-Large Ketchikan 20–21
- Kimberly Davis, Member-at-Large Sitka, 20–22
- David Felts, Past President 20–21