Submitting Tuition Waivers
If you are using any kind of tuition waiver, please complete the waiver request form and submit it to the university campus. Students are encouraged to use the electronic form submission. The forms may also be submitted by email to email@example.com, fax (907) 796-6006, or in person at the Novatney Building room 215. Electronic (single sign on) links and PDF forms have been added to the UAS Student Accounts Forms page for student convenience.
Students who will be receiving tuition assistance through a government agency or other third-party should refer to Third-Party Billing.
Senior Citizen Waiver
UAS welcomes senior citizens to its classrooms and waives tuition for those eligible under Board of Regents policy R05.10.080.B. Regular tuition shall be waived for Alaska residents who meet the following criteria: they must be age 65 by the first day of instruction of the semester and they must register on a space available basis. "Space available basis" means when courses can accommodate such students in addition to other enrolled students on or after the first day of the semester.
Follow three easy steps to complete registration:
- If you have not taken classes in the last two years, complete a Non-Degree Application for Admission at UAOnline
- Find the class or classes you want to take and write down class information, including the CRN number. Do not register before the first day of the semester.
- Submit a Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver Request Form to the UAS Office of the Bursar:
Please note these important facts about the Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver (SCTW):
- SCTW waives tuition only.
- SCTW is only accepted for classes registered for on or after the first day of instruction for semester and on a space-available basis.
- Seniors are responsible for any student and/or course fees associated with the course(s).
- Payment must be submitted by the payment deadline to avoid late fee(s) or inclusion into a campus drop for non-payment process.
- SCTW forms are only accepted until the last day of class for the term in question; submissions past the term end date will be denied.
- Waiver request forms may be submitted in person to the Office of the Bursar located in the Novatney Building or electronically via the digital signature form. Scanned signatures are not accepted unless they are sent from your @alaska.edu address, which requires authentication via Single Sign On with your UA credentials.
- For more information, including eligibility and restrictions, see Regents Policy 05.10.080.B.
Employee Tuition Waiver
Employee tuition waivers "waive" the cost of 16 credits per academic year for university employees. Other criteria:
- Tuition waivers cover tuition only
- The employee must be employed on the first day of instruction to be eligible
- Employees may waive a maximum of 8 tuition credits per semester
- The employee is responsible for paying all other fees by the payment deadline
- Tuition waivers must be submitted before the end of the semester
- Tuition waivers must be signed by the employee to be valid
- Reimbursements will not be made to employees/dependents who pay for a course or courses and later become eligible
- Dependents must be under the age of 24 on the first day of instruction to be eligible
- Waivers found to be ineligible will be reversed and the students will be responsible for payment of waived tuition
Tuition Waiver Request forms can be located on the Forms page for electronic submission. Forms may also be submitted via mail to the UAS Student Accounts Office at 11066 Auke Lake Way, Juneau, AK 99801.