US Coast Guard CSPI Scholarship
Covid-19 Office Operations
Our offices are available for in-person, phone, or video appointments. Email or call for more information. Additional information is also available on the UA coronavirus information website.
College Student Pre-Commissioning Initiative (Scholarship Program) - CSPI
CSPI is a program designed for motivated individuals who demonstrate a high caliber of academic and leadership excellence and who desire to serve their country in the United States Coast Guard. Students currently enrolled, accepted for enrollment or pending enrollment in a full-time bachelor's degree program at UAS with the desire to complete college and receive a guaranteed commission as an officer in the United States Coast Guard can apply for CSPI. This means that a student currently pursuing an AA/AS degree at UAS who plans to continue with their BS/BA degree may be eligible for CSPI if they are accepted for enrollment.
Students who are accepted into this scholarship program will be enlisted into the United States Coast Guard, complete basic training during the summer, and receive full funding for up to two years of college. Funding includes not only payment of tuition, books, and fees, but a full-time Coast Guard salary, housing allowance, and medical benefits.
- Age - must have reached your 19th but not your 28th birthday as of 30 September of the fiscal year in which the selection panel convenes. For fiscal year 2017, for example, you cannot have reached your 28th birthday by 30 September 2017;
- US citizen;
- Must possess and maintain a 2.5 GPA;
- Education - must be a sophomore or junior undergraduate student enrolled, accepted for enrollment or pending acceptance in a full-time Bachelors degree program at UAS;
- Physical, test scores, and other eligibility requirements.
What's in it for you
- Up to 2 years paid tuition, books, and fees;
- Approximately $3,600 monthly salary ($43,000 annually) as a Coast Guard active-duty member while serving as a full-time student;
- Guaranteed job after graduation;
- Starting salary of approximately $60,000 annually, upon graduation and successful completion of Officer Candidate School;
- Valuable training and experience.
If you are ready to apply, you must visit the “Plan Your Next Move to become an Active Duty Coast Guard Officer” page and follow the application process, which includes downloading the application checklist.
If you would like to learn more about this program, please contact Deborah Rydman at 907-796-6000 to schedule an appointment.