A great state needs a great university and a strong network of alums and supporters! There are ample opportunities for alums and friends to get involved, give back, and connect with a diverse professional cohort to help elevate the UAS Alumni & Friends network!
Become a Board Member
Active members of Alumni & Friends can apply or nominate an alum or friend of the university to serve on the UAS Alumni & Friends Board of Directors. Help us raise funds for student scholarships, plan and provide excellent and meaningful programming and events, and keep our alums and supporters connected to the university!
About the Board of Directors and Serving
- There are nine board members with three seats open for a start date of January 1.
- Meetings are generally every other month (with a short break in July and August) and average about 1.5 hours. Meetings are held on the Juneau campus in the evening or board members may call-in. Meeting schedule is based on staff and board member availability.
- Board members are encouraged to attend as many Alumni & Friends events and programs as they are able but is not required.
- Financial decisions, including any contributions to UAS projects and priorities.
- Planning events and activities to engage and increase "UAS Alumni & Friends" membership and to raise money for the UAS Alumni Scholarship and the UAS Alumni Program Operating Endowment.
- Selecting UAS Alumni Scholarship recipients.
- Formally and informally advocating for the university.
Throughout the year, there are a variety of volunteers opportunities!
- Want to help during an event like our annual banquet & auction or other case by-case events?
- Be invited to help with campus and Auke Bay landscaping projects
- Share career advice with students at an annual fall Business Etiquette Dinner
- Be an Alumni Advocate by providing testimony to the Alaska Legislature in support of UAS and the University of Alaska
- And more...