The University Travel office is responsible for timely auditing and processing of the University travel expenses incurred by employees and authorized individuals. Close cooperation between University of Alaska schools and departments is essential to ensure the University’s compliance with Board of Regents policies, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Regulations and State law.
The NEW university travel cards are issued to employees who travel for the university. All business travel related expenses can be purchased with this card. You can find the application link for the travel card under Travel Forms.
- Fillable/Interactive Travel Authorization Form
- Travel Authorization Instructions
- Travel Expense Report (.xls)
- CY23 Local Mileage Reimbursement Form (.xls)
- UA Travel Card Application
- UA Travel Card Agreement
- UAS Travel Card Form: Use this form to submit changes in position status and closure of accounts for separating employees.
- Unauthorized Purchase Form
- Justification to Warrant Purchase Form
- UA Taxable Status Determination Form
- Taxable Status Determination Form Department Instructions
- Reconciling Airfare with an Unused Ticket Credit Instructions: Follow these instructions when a trip is cancelled and generates an unused ticket credit.
- CONCUR Participants
- University Travel Regulations
- GSA (US) Per Diem Rates
- DOD Per Diem Rates: Rates set for Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories, and Possessions (OCONUS Rates). This resource is only to be used for AK Per Diem rates for the Non-Urban Areas that are not listed on the AK Lodging or AK Per Diem spreadsheets located on the Statewide Financial Systems website.
- FY22 Paper Check Reimbursement Schedule
- FY22 PaymentNet Mapper Schedule
- UA Travel Web Site
- 2021 IRS Mileage Reimbursement Rates
Risk Management Related to Travel
Renting a Vehicle?
As a political sub-division of the State of Alaska, the University may purchase from the Statewide Vehicle Rentals contract. This contract provides unlimited mileage/use vehicle rentals statewide with minimum locations in the Juneau, Fairbanks, and Anchorage areas on an as-needed basis. Vehicles are intended for pickup, use, and return to the original pickup point. Learn more.