The UASHome system is a personal filespace that each student, staff and faculty receive with their computer accounts. All accounts start with 150Mb of space. This can be increased if there is suitable academic need. It is separated into 2 sub-folders: Docs and Web.
These files are available from the UAS Windows computers under the folder "UASHOME", connected as the Z: drive by default. These are files that only you can access, and require authentication to access (FTP, or connecting from a campus computer).
The web folder can be viewed online immediately, and is an easy way to share files. If you store documents only, the files will be listed with an auto-index of the directory contents. If you have uploaded html files (your own website, for instance), those will be available too.
- Once items have been added to your Web folder of the UASHome space, they can be viewed online
- Within your browser of choice, simply visit http://uashome.alaska.edu/~username (replace username with your campus username)
- In the case that you have a sub-folder, you can simply include that in the URL: http://uashome.alaska.edu/~username/subfolder/
How to Access your UASHome from a non-UAS computer
File Explorer (Windows 10)
- Right click on the Start Menu, choose open File Explorer
- In the Address bar, type ftp://uashome.alaska.edu, press enter
- If this is a UAS computer, it will use the same username and password you logged in with.
- If this is not a UAS computer, you'll be prompted to enter your UAS username & password. Use to format "ua\username".
- Browse your files.
- In Finder, click the Go menu and select Connect to Server
- In the Address bar, enter type ftp://uashome.alaska.edu
- Click the Connect button
- You'll be prompted to enter your UAS username and password. Use the format "ua\username" for the UA username.
- Browse your files
FTP is no longer supported in most browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge.