Fitness Classes & Training
Personal Training w/Fran
Are you interested in starting a fitness program designed specifically with your own personal needs and busy schedule in mind? If so, then you need a personal trainer!
Meet your Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise Certified personal trainer with over 20 years of experience
- B.S in physical education from Boise State University
- Instructed Physical Education at Juneau Douglas High School and currently for University of Alaska Southeast
- Certified Instructor for: Group Cycling (Spinning), Body Pump, Group Exercise, Strong Women, and Zumba.
Why Personal Train
Three primary reasons to have a personal trainer are education, direction and motivation.
- You’ll learn how to achieve your goals, using an individualized program while receiving instruction and encouragement
- This has proven to be a successful means of achieving personal fitness goals
- For many people, success is possible as they are able to learn and see results while having fun!
- Single Session: $45
- Package #1 (3 sessions)
$40 per session = $120 total
- Package #2 (6 sessions)
$38 per session = $228 total
- Package #3 (12 sessions)
$36 per session = $432 total
Download the PT brochure for more information.
Dates and Times: TBA
Experience a full body workout to heart-pounding music that will have you moving. A great way to end your week or begin your weekend, either way you look at it. We provide the instructor and audio system, you provide yourself, positive attitude, and the proper footwear.
- Level: All levels are welcome
- Credit: Non-Credit
- Muscle Groups: Full body workout every class
- Sign-up/Cost: This is a REC Center event, free to REC Center members/students and their guests with $5 guest fee. No walk-ins permitted, must be a guest of a member. Group size is limited to 15 per 1 hour session. Masks are required and breaks will be given when needed.
- Location: Club Zumba takes place in the student activities center-SAC at the REC Center.
Take a Class
The School of Arts and Sciences offers a variety of Physical Education and Outdoor Studies courses that utilize the resources of the Recreation Center.
Whether you need the structure that a class provides to insure you stay active, want to learn a technical skill in an ODS course, or just interested in learning something new, the REC Center welcomes all students. If hosted at the REC this will be clearly indicated in the Meets column.