Whale Card and UAS ID
The REC Center requires a UAS ID (Whale Card) for its members over 14.
I am new to the University of Alaska
If you know that you've never attended the University of Alaska, create a profile and apply as a non-degree seeking student to get started. This is a free application. This will allow the university to assign you a student ID number, which you can then use to obtain a Whale Card. On the resulting screen you're likely to select "New User" unless you've been in this system before.
- Click on Apply as a Non-Degree Seeking Student(above)
- Select New User and create an account
- Select UAS as your primary campus
- Select start my application
- Complete your personal profile
- Under My Program select:
- Non-degree as your Student type
- Non-degree seeking for your Area of Study
- Juneau Campus for Campus Applying
- Non-degree for Major
- Fall, Spring, or Summer Semester
- At the end of the application when asked for additional details, please write "Rec Center Membership"
I have/may have been a UA student before
If you can't remember your UA ID#, you may be able to find it with ELMO. This tool can be used if you may already have a UA ID# but are not sure or you have forgotten it. This tool has several options, #3 being the most likely choice, for finding your UA ID# if it exists. You may also call (907) 796-6100 for assistance.