Research and Creative Activities Committee
A Faculty Senate sub-committee
The Committee for Research & Creative Activities serves as the institutional node for strategically addressing research-related issues and advancing research-related activities within UAS, including its Juneau, Ketchikan, and Sitka campuses. Its members — a cross section of staff and faculty in critical components and departments, including the Vice Provost for Research, staff in grants & budget departments, and Faculty Senate representatives — function as a task force to address the following priorities:
- Aligns research & creative activities (RCA) within the UAS Strategic Plan, and works to ensure accreditation standards are met
- Serves as a means to communicate information about RCA between administration and faculty, faculty and students, and other key components of the university system
- Functions as a transparent mechanism to systematically raise, track & resolve RCA issues
- Provide a visible basis for statewide representation and accountability for RCA matters
- Advances opportunities for students to engage in RCA
- Tracks impacts of RCA on students, student success, faculty, and the institution
- Works to serve as a clearinghouse of information about research events, opportunities, and accomplishments of relevance to UAS students and faculty
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Chair, RCA Committee
David Tallmon, Ph.D. (he/him)
Professor of BiologyProfile and contact info
Carin D. Silkaitis, M.F.A. (they/them, she/her)
Dean of Arts and SciencesProfile and contact info
Kevin Maier, Ph.D.
Professor of English
While my training is in 19th and 20th century American literature, my interests have always been in the cultural components of environmental concerns, often seen from the angle of sport hunting and fishing. Which is to say: I like to mix my outdoor recreation with hard questions about climate change, equity, and environmental justice.
Jim Powell, Ph.D.
Term Assistant Research Professor, Alaska Coastal Rainforest CenterProfile and contact info
John Radzilowski, Ph.D.
Professor of HistoryProfile and contact info
Grants AdministratorProfile and contact info
Grant Proposal CoordinatorProfile and contact info