Applying for Certification
If you have completed a UAS School of Education program that results in teacher certification or endorsement you must complete the following:
- Complete the request form for the State-Approved Program Verification Form.
- Find the appropriate certification form from the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development website. Follow the directions to complete the application.
- UAS SOE will email you and DEED a completed Program Verification form. This process can take three to six weeks from when we receive your request.
- You do not need to wait for your program verification form us. Complete and send in your packet to DEED when your degree is posted.
- 4a. Request your official transcripts
- Once your certification application is complete, make a copy of the packet for your own records and mail the originals to the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development.