Creating a Photo Gallery
The portfolio system can create photo galleries of your images. This is a great way to store your pictures and offers more customization than popular commercial websites. Creating a gallery is quick and easy. Zip your photos into a compressed folder and add them as an attachment. Once the gallery has been created, individual files can be added or removed. The gallery also allows you to add captions, reorder the images, and add images to existing galleries.
Photo Galleries have many uses. You can display your own photos, or create galleries for class assignments.
- Galleries are a good way to categorize photos by subject.
- Try combining a web gallery with a forum topic to spark discussion.
- Organize and store your photos in customizable interface.
Create a Photo Gallery
- In your ePortfolio, select Add Portfolio Item. View the Adding Items page for more information.
- Place all of the images in a zipped folder.
- Click Add attachment.
- Select Picture Galleries and click Next.
- Select a Mini Slideshow and click Next.
- Click Choose file, and select your zipped folder.
- Enter the Title/Caption you wish to be displayed on the Photo Gallery
- Click Upload.
- You'll be presented with a URL to link to the Photo Gallery from outside of the Portfolio.
- Click Post.
Editing a Photo Gallery
- Access the Photo Gallery.
- Click Edit Gallery (upper-right).
- From here you can:
- Reorder images,
- Add captions,
- Remove pictures
- Add new pictures:
- Scan for Pictures allows you to look through other Portfolio items
- Upload Picture(s) allows you to upload a new zipped folder