Covid-19 Office Operations
Our offices are available for phone or video appointments. Email or call for more information. For information, please visit the UA coronavirus information website.
Military & Veteran Student Assistance
The admission requirements for military and veteran applicants are the same as any other transfer student. UAS accepts credits from Joint Services Transcript (JST). Applicants who have not attended college before, or have less than 24 college level credits, need to send official high school transcripts or their GED. After you have been admitted and submitted all of your transcripts, the Registrar's Office will complete an official transfer evaluation and evaluate documented military credit.
Students with the following military affiliations are eligible for resident tuition rates:
- Active duty United States military and their spouse and dependent children;
- United States veterans eligible for a Veterans Administration education benefit, and their spouse and dependent children;
- Members of the National Guard and Reservists, their spouses and dependent children, regardless of whether they yet qualify as residents of the state under any other requirements.
For more information regarding assistance for military active duty and military veterans, please visit the Veterans’ Assistance page. If you have questions regarding veterans' or active duty educational benefits please contact our VA School Certifying Official, Deborah Rydman at 907-796-6368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application instructions and link to apply for admissions can be found on the Veterans/Military application page.
After you have been admitted and all of your transcripts have been received, an official transfer evaluation will be done. UAS evaluates documented military credit from CCAF and Joint Services Transcript (JST) as well as DD214 and DD295 forms. Evaluations are done using the recommendations from the American Council on Education (ACE).
Visit our Register for Classes page for details on how to register for your classes.
Centralized Tuition Assistance Management (CTAM)
CTAM students are active duty soldiers seeking tuition assistance from the Army for courses counting toward a degree program.
If you would like to be in a UAS degree program, follow the instructions below:
- Apply through www.goarmyed.com
- Pay application fee. Non-refundable, $40 for associate’s or $50 for bachelor’s
- If you have less than 30 semester credit hours, send official high school transcripts, GED or pass approved Ability to Benefit Test to Admissions
- Arrange for official transcripts to be sent from any postsecondary institution you have attended to the Admissions Office
- If applying for admission to a bachelor’s program, submit ACT/SAT scores (required)
After you have been admitted and and all of your transcripts have been received, an official transfer evaluation will be done. UAS evaluates documented military credit from CCAF and Joint Services Transcript (JST) as well as DD214 and DD295 forms. Evaluations are done using the recommendations from the American Council on Education (ACE).
Because the course schedule is available eight weeks prior to the start of the semester, we recommend students first register through UAOnline in order to secure a place in classes. Students are required to register through www.goarmyed.com for tuition assistance.
CTAM students will also be required to apply for graduation via www.goarmyed.com
If you are in a degree program elsewhere and would just like to take classes at UAS, you can register through the portal on www.goarmyed.com and you do not need to apply for admissions to UAS.
If you have any questions please contact the Credentials Evaluator, Kiwana Affatato at 907-796-6366 or email at email@example.com.