Register for Classes
First Time Registering for Classes?
After you receive your student ID number, set your username and password through our Easy Login Maintenance Option (ELMO).
Problems Logging In?
Contact our IT helpdesk if you have any trouble with the ELMO process.
Important Upcoming Registration Deadlines
Priority Registration Begins
Open Registration Begins
Session 1 Web Registration Ends
Full-Term Web Registration Ends
Session 2 Web Registration Ends
Priority Registration Begins
Open Registration Begins
Web Registration Ends at Midnight for Short-Term Classes
Web Registration Ends at Midnight for Full-Term Classes
Please note: registering for classes after the dates listed requires the use of the Course Registration or Course Add/Drop/Change form.
For more schedule details, please see our calendar page.
Priority Registration: Current Students
Only UAS degree-seeking students may register for classes during the priority registration period. Space in classes cannot be held for non-degree seeking, UAF, or UAA students during priority registration.
Open Registration: All StudentsAll students are welcome to register during open registration. This includes non-degree seeking, UAF, and UAA students.
Registering for Classes After the First Day of Instruction
If the class has already started students will need the instructor's approval. Once the approval is obtained, the instructor can either enter an override in UAOnline so the student can register online or sign a Course Registration or Course Add/Drop/Change form.
Getting Started with Class Registration
The Schedule Planner tool can help you create your perfect schedule and is available to all students.
In order to register for a class, students will need to make sure they meet the prerequisites. More information on prerequisites along, with other registration process concepts, is available on the Registration Terminology page.
Registering for Classes Online
- Login to UAOnline
- Select Student Services and Account Information
- Select Registration
- Select Register/Add/Drop Classes (Add/Drop available only during the Drop Period)
- Select the term
- Enter the Course Reference Number (CRN) under the Add Classes Worksheet. If you are registering for multiple classes enter the CRNs in separate boxes.
- Select Complete Registration Changes
- Read and accept the notice of responsibility to pay the tuition and fees associated with the class(es). A current schedule will appear above the Add Classes Worksheet. Verify that the status says "Registered Web on [Current Date]"
- Select Pay Now. Contact the Student Accounts Office for further assistance or questions regarding payment.
Common Registration Errors
- Closed section: Registration is closed because the class is full. If the class has waitlist seats available, it is possible to get on the waitlist. See the waitlist instructions.
- Corequisite required: Register for both corequisite classes at the same time. Go to the Add/Drop/Withdraw classes page, enter the CRNs for both of the required courses and hit "Complete Registration Changes."
- Department approval: Registration is limited to students who have departmental approval. Contact the department to request an override.
- Duplicate CRN: Already registered for another section of the course. In most cases, simultaneous registration in two or more sections of the same course is not allowed.
- Instructor approval: Registration is restricted to students who have instructor approval. Contact the instructor to request an override.
- Level restriction: Registration is restricted to students in a particular level (for example, graduate or Junior or Senior sanding). Click on the CRN to see level restriction information.
- Maximum hours exceeded: Registration in the class will exceed the maximum number of credits allowed for the semester. To enroll in extra credits, you will need to fill out a course add/drop form, have advisor approval and submit to the Registrar's office for approval.
- Prerequisite not met: Registration is limited to students who have met prerequisite and/or test score restrictions. Check the CRN to see prerequisite and test score informaiton. Contact the instructor with questions.
- Registration changes not allowed: The registration period for the class has not yet opened or has passed.
- Registration hold: Registration holds block registration until the hold is removed by the initiating office. Registration holds may result from:
- Unpaid tuition and fees and/or outstanding balances on the student account. Contact the Bursar's Office at 907-796--6267.
- Academic Advising hold, reach out to your advisor and you can view your adviser in your Degree Workds audit or at Find Your Advisor.
- Other registration holds. Contact the UAS One Stop at 907-796-6100.
- UAS is part of a statewide system. Therefore, a hold at one University of Alaska campus will affect registration at all UA campuses.
Registering for Classes with a Course Registration or Course Add/Drop/Change Form
If you are currently registered for a course, use the the Course Add/Drop/Change form to add or drop a course. Otherwise, fill out the Course Registration form in order to register for courses.
Students can complete and sign a Course Registration or Course Add/Drop/Change form and deliver it in-person, by email, by mail or by faxing. Please be advised we do not accept typed signatures on forms. You will be asked to show a valid government issued or student ID if dropping the form off in person.
- Fax: (907) 796-6365
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Novatney Building, top floor (Show a valid government issued or student ID if dropping the form off in person)
11066 Auke Lake Way
Juneau, AK 99801
Professional Development/593 Classes
For Professional Development/593 classes online registration is the only option. Paper registration forms received by the Registrar's office will not be processed and will be returned to the student.
Students are allowed to drop the class prior to the first meeting. No drop or withdraw option is available once the class starts.
For more information contact the School of Education by phone at 907-796-6050 or through email (email@example.com) or contact the Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) by phone at 907-786-1933 or through email (firstname.lastname@example.org).