The Reading Specialist programs (Master of Education and Graduate Certificate) are exclusively available from the UAS School of Education. These programs are nationally recognized by the International Literacy Association. Classes in these programs can be taken online, including the digital three-week summer residency.
Handbooks and Resources
Do not hesitate to contact the Student Services Assistant with any questions about application materials of the application process.
M.Ed., Reading Specialist & Graduate Certificate
Before You Begin
Consult with Program Coordinator, Dr. Lisa Richardson
Complete and Submit the Following
- Complete Graduate Application and pay fee
- Send Official Transcripts with 3.0 GPA to UAS. Please note: transcripts from UAA, UAF, or UAS are not required to be submitted
- Obtain two recommendations on the online UAS SOE form from former or current professors or supervisors who are not related to you.
This requirement will be met when we receive recommendations from the references applicants provide contact information for in the UAS application portal
- Submit Writing sample per these instructions
- Complete Statement of Ability to do Field Experience
- Submit Current Resume
- Submit copy of current AK teaching or administrative certificate
Send all of these items to:UAS Admissions
11066 Auke Lake Way
Juneau, AK 99801-8671
Lisa K. Richardson, Ph.D.
Assistant ProfessorProfile and contact info