Blackboard Course Management System
Getting Started with Blackboard!
Blackboard Learn is the course management system used by the University of Alaska system to support face to face and distant courses. This includes Blackboard Collaborate Ultra to offer virtual classrooms. UA Southeast, Anchorage, & Fairbanks all use the same Blackboard Learn system, interconnecting the campuses.
Blackboard Learn provides videos on all sorts of tasks and functions. All videos are designed to be mobile friendly.
For Students: Video playlist on YouTube!
We have worked with OIT to provide a list of known bugs within Blackboard. This includes Known Issues with Blackboard Inc, and issues currently under investigation.
- Courses can be accessed through the UAS Online Portal or through the single sign-in feature available at the top of any UAS webpage (see image below).
- Blackboard Inc. hosts a browser checker to determine whether Blackboard Learn supports your specific browser and operating system settings.
- Blackboard requires browser pop-ups to be enabled. For support with pop-ups, check out software support page.
- Posting content, from discussion boards to essays, can be highly customized. Be sure not to include more than you bargained for. Check out our page on Blackboard formatting for how to get exactly what you're looking for.
- Students looking for support with external resources such as textbook publishers need to work directly with the services' technical support before contacting the UAS Helpdesk.
- Blackboard Basics Video
Comments or Questions?
If you're having issues accessing or using Blackboard, or have suggestions for improvement, please contact the UAS Helpdesk.