Skip to Main Content


Registration is officially signing up for a course. UAS is an open-enrollment institution meaning you do not need to be admitted to a degree program to take classes.

Once you are formally admitted and in attendance you may request to change your degree, major, minor, or add a second degree. These changes can be made by completing the Change of Major form. Completed forms can be emailed (, faxed (907-796-6365), mailed (Registrar's Office, 11066 Auke Lake Way, Juneau AK 99801), or dropped off to the Registrar's Office (Novatney Building, top floor). You will be asked to show a valid government issued or student ID if dropping the form off in person. You will be notified by email when the change has been processed on your account.

Changing to a lower level degree program (ex. Bachelor to Associate) may impact your Financial Aid. Contact Financial Aid at 907-796-6255 or for more information.

If you are not admitted to your program yet, but would like to change the degree you applied for email your Change of Major form to

Please be advised if you are enrolled as a non-degree seeking student or an Occupational Endorsement program only you cannot use the change of major form to add or change degrees. You will need to apply for the program you would like to pursue. 

Some degree programs require that you submit additional documentation along with the Change of Major form:

  • Elementary/Special Education
  • Outdoor Skills/Leadership Programs
    • Resume or list of relevant experience, skills, and/or certifications
    • 300 word essay describing the applicant's goals and reasons for wishing to enroll in the Outdoor Skills and Leadership Program
    • Individuals who have not completed a college level English course must take a UAS English Placement exam as part of the application process
    • Medical Questionnaire and Physician's Signature Form
    • Two letters of recommendation (recommended)

Note: Formal acceptance of requested changes requires departmental dean's signature

Phone, mailing and/or permanent address

  1. Sign into UAOnline
  2. Select "Personal Information"
  3. Select "Manage Your Address, Email, and Phone Information"
  4. Submit new changes

These changes can also be made by filling out a Change Form & submitting to the Registrar's Office 


In order to change your name, a Change Form needs to be submitted to the Registrar's Office along with a copy of one of the following (which shows new name):

  • Driver's license
  • Passport
  • Permanent resident card
  • Social security card (required if a past/present university employee, submit documents to Human Resources)

A degree audit shows how the classes you've taken apply toward your degree program and lists all remaining degree requirements. An unofficial degree audit may be completed & printed using UAOnline

Your transcript is your academic record at a particular institution. It shows all the courses you have taken, grades, and any degrees or certificates you have earned.

Enrollment verifications provide proof of your current, and past enrollment status (for example: full-time or part-time, and number of credits registered for). They can be used for insurance, employment, or scholarship purposes.

If you qualify for resident status, as stated in the Academic Catalog, you may complete the Application for Resident Tuition Assessment. Applications must be submitted, along with appropriate documentation, to the Registrar's Office prior to the end of the drop period for the semester you are requesting the change to take place. Refer to the Academic Calendar for the full semester drop date.

You may petition for exceptions to policies regarding academics or financial obligations under specific circumstances.

All students education records are protected under FERPA: Family Education Rights and Privacy Act.  This states that your academic records are private to any party outside yourself.  If you would like to allow release of any of your education records (to your parents, guardian, spouse etc.), you will need to submit the Education Record Information Release form to the Registrar's Office along with government issued photo ID.

View more information about FERPA

Dual enrollment is for qualified secondary school students who are simultaneously enrolled in high school curriculum and wish to take UAS courses.

View more information about dual enrollment

Employees and their families may take advantage of the university’s tuition waiver program to work toward a degree or improve their job skills. Tuition waivers are also available for senior citizens who are Alaska residents and are otherwise age eligible to receive full social security retirement benefits. Registration is on a space available basis for senior citizens and is only allowed on or after the first day of instruction. Waivers cover tuition only — fees not covered by the waiver (i.e. student activity fees, course lab fees, health center fees, technology fees, etc.) are the student’s responsibility and must be paid by the deadline.

Visit the Student Accounts Office's Tuition Waivers page for more information.

UAS will perform an official evaluation of your transfer credits only after your have been admitted to an undergraduate degree/certificate program.

For a full list of transfer credit policies & more information regarding transferring within the UA system refer to the Transfer Credit page.

Wondering if your credits will transfer before you apply?
Check out the transfer credit resource site - an unofficial query of courses that have been evaluated from other regionally accredited universities.

More Questions?
You may contact the Transfer Credit Evaluator at 907-796-6366 or